CBA Europe N.V. is a public limited company (Naamloze Vennootschap) in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in formation of Commonwealth Bank of Australia “CBA”, an Australian banking corporation.
In the future CBA Europe N.V. intends to become a fully licensed “credit institution”, with authorization by De Nederlandsche Bank (“DNB”), the Dutch Central Bank, to undertake banking business and investment services and activities.
CBA Europe N.V. is part of CBA’s wholesale banking division, Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M).
The CBA Europe N.V. team has a start-up mentality being pro-active and entrepreneurial.We are committed to investing in our people, systems, processes and policies to ensure our workplace is Diverse and Inclusive, and expect our people to work together to achieve a culture that supports this commitment.
About Institutional Banking & Markets
The IB&M division serves the financial needs of large institutions and governments across Australia and New Zealand and in select international markets, such as Europe. IB&M’s Purpose reflects the unique and pivotal role it plays for the CBA Group and Australian economy: “IB&M combines global connectivity and capability to build a better Australia”. The division is the CBA Group’s centre of excellence for high-value, low frequency, client-tailored solutions. It provides clients with access to capital, risk management solutions and facilitates cross-border trade and capital flows.
About CBA Europe N.V
Credit Risk Management is part of the Risk Management of CBA Europe N.V. and covers independent credit risk assessment and oversight, reporting, policy development and regulatory governance within CBA Europe N.V.
As we are building up our envisaged banking operations we are recruiting an experienced Credit Risk Manager. This role will be an integral part of setting up the Risk Management infrastructure of CBA Europe N.V., including the setup of key processes and procedures, as well as supporting relevant system implementations.
This role reports to the Head of Credit Risk of CBA Europe N.V. and works together with the Credit Risk Management teams in London and Sydney.
The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for independent credit risk management and oversight of the CBA Europe N.V. risk portfolio. The credit risk portfolio covers multiple industry segments.
The role requires a proactive approach to customer focus, combined with an ongoing assessment of the credit risk process and the credit risk portfolio.
- Provide advice and credit assessment on credit profile and structuring, risk appetite, policy and process for credit proposals of CBA Europe N.V.;
- Approve credits up to the designated Personal Credit Approval Authority (PCAA). For clients outside the designated PCAA, recommend as required and providing specialist advice and input to the local Risk Committee or where required to Group;
- Management of the Credit Risk portfolio of CBA Europe N.V., produce reports and insights that will enable the Bank to proactively manage its exposures in the respective sectors;
- Contribute to the annual ICAAP processes, providing detail for the Credit Risk Management sections, and support and review calculations as necessary;
- Prepare Regulatory Reporting and Reviews in regards to the credit risk portfolio;
- Regularly review the Credit Risk Management governance and reporting frameworks and systems;
- Providing support and advice to IB&M on European credit risk management issues;
- Create and maintain a robust control environment;
- Provide training and development to members in the Risk team and more broadly across the team as required;
- Act as a trusted advisor to Management and the business;
- Participate in ad hoc (cross-functional) projects;
- Positively contribute and collaborate with the CBA group stakeholders;
- Seek opportunities to discover best practice across the industry and share relevant market and industry intelligence with Management and the wider CBA Group Credit Risk teams.
Your Education, Experience And Skills
- Master degree;
- Demonstration of a high level of career on-the-job training (through external providers or in-house at major financial institutions);
- Proven experience in a risk position exercising credit delegation in a major financial institution with at least 5 years knowledge and experience in credit risk management in institutional banking;
- Product and documentation knowledge across corporate lending, structured finance, global markets and treasury products;
- Experience across the key sectors CBA Europe N.V. is operating in: Shipping, Aviation, Natural Resources, Financial Institutions;
- Experience in Board reporting and Regulatory Reporting;
- Experience in the performance of ICAAP in a Dutch/European context;
- Strong stakeholder, customer management and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Dutch risk regulations;
- Experience working across an international environment;
- Ability to adapt and excel in a start-up environment.
If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We’re aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/07/2020