VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT AMSTERDAM
The postgraduate Executive Treasury Management & Corporate Finance programme combines two finance disciplines which largely overlap and are inextricably connected: Treasury Management and Corporate Finance. For this reason, it is a unique programme both in the Netherlands and abroad. It has now been running for 25 years at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. This postgraduate programme aims to promote development as an academic professional through a mix of academic theory and case studies of real issues in the field of treasury management and corporate finance.
The 18-month programme covers a broad, current range of disciplines that should be mastered by an all-around corporate treasurer or corporate finance professional. The curriculum is organized into six modules. Each module covers a clear, distinct subdiscipline of Treasury Management and Corporate Finance. Programme lecturers include academics and treasury professionals. The curriculum provides a balanced mix of academic expertise that is useful to practitioners and hands-on knowledge that can be applied in daily practice. Partners in delivering this programme are Orchard Finance, KPMG, PWC, Zanders and EY.
The programme helps students connect with other members of the treasury community and provides a more thorough understanding of the disciplines of treasury management and corporate finance. Students also benefit from a broader professional perspective on these disciplines, thereby promoting their own professional development. The intensive programme helps students build their own professional networks by connecting with fellow participants. Successful completion of the programme results in the title of Registered Treasurer, which is highly valued within the treasury community.
THE 5 KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS PROGRAMME
- Broaden the perspective on the corporate treasury and finance disciplines that all-round corporate treasurers and finance professionals should master
- Gain and master hands-on knowledge crucial in the daily practice thanks to a balanced mix of academic and professional expertise
- Career development opportunities in a different setting thanks to the participation in the Thursdays lectures, leading to new ideas, insights and development
- Interactive sessions are an added value of the programme, which explain and apply the main principles to professional practice through practical examples and business cases
- Connect with the treasury community and fellow participants and build your own professional network
Prof. Dr. Ir. Herbert Rijken
Professor Corporate Finance at VU University