14-02-2020 | treasuryXL | Michael Ringeling The purpose of Treasury is to manage a company’s funding, liquidity and to mitigate its financial and other risk. Made up of three sub-disciplines, Treasury’s overall objective is to safeguard the company’s holdings and to follow the long-term strategy set forth by Corporate Finance (and strategy). Cash Management, on […]
Michael is an experienced treasurer with a unique combination of corporate treasury, corporate control and banking expertise.
A solid base in finance (Stork, TenneT) and banking (ABN AMRO Bank) contributed to his specialisation in treasury. Being hands on, trustworthy and creative with a can-do mentality, Michael worked as independent interim treasurer in the past nine years for various companies like TNT, Vion, TomTom and Unit4.
Knowing all the ins and outs in the world of treasury, he will hit the ground running and provide efficient and effective solutions on every operational and strategic level in the following areas:
- Cross border cross currency cash pooling, efficient banking infrastructure
- Finance agreements
- Intercompany loans, in house bank and intercompany netting
- Interest rate and foreign exchange (FX) risk management and deal execution (hedging)
- Treasury policies
- Cash flow forecasting
- Establish an optimal relationship between organisation and financial institutions
- IFRS, financial instruments and disclosures in the annual report
- Alignment between Treasury and Control.
Michael has a master’s degree in Economics, is Registercontroller (RC / Executive Master of Finance and Control), member of the Dutch Association of Corporate Treasurers (DACT) and member of the Vereniging van Registercontrollers (VRC).