Belgium – Full-time
To strengthen our Corporate Development & Finance team, based in our Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Treasury Middle Office Analyst.
As our Treasury Middle Office Analyst, you will be responsible for all Treasury reporting and compliance requirements within the Group Treasury Operations.
Taking advantage of new technologies and tools, you will be driving projects in this area to enhance efficiency further, maintain effective controls and deliver insights. As part of this role, you will also supervise and coach our off-shore Treasury Back Office, which is our partner in dealing with routine back-office functions.
As our Treasury Middle Office Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Treasury closing activities (such as valuations & accruals, IFRS 13 reporting, IFRS9 hedge accounting and documentation, EMIR reconciliation, etc.);
- Generation and analysis of Treasury reporting (risk management and Treasury efficiency KPI’s);
- Validation of the FX hedging performed by Front Office and reconciliation of the monthly P&L on exchange results;
- Internal & external audit lead, the enabler for the implementation of recommendations;
- Management of the back-office activities provided by our off-shore partner (SOP’s, KPI’s, relationship management, daily support & learning);
- Payment factory routine management (preparation by an off-shore partner, execution by UCB, follow-up on banks’ queries);
- Internal and external compliance related matters (KYC, banks’ compliance requests, dealing mandates, bank account authorizations, …);
- Intercompany loan documentation;
- Ad-hoc project management;
- Back up for other Treasury functions.
Education & Experience
A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in corporate Treasury or banking in a multinational environment is desired for this key role within our organization, underpinned by a Master or Bachelor education in Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines.
Skills & Competencies
- Proven Treasury controlling and/or back-office expertise;
- A sound understanding of Treasury products and valuation thereof;
- Technology savvy – MS Excel is a must;
- Prior experience with Treasury systems and processes, preferably including SAP TRM;
- Excellent analytical skills and drive for accuracy;
- Stress resilient; working efficiently within a challenging working environment;
- Continuous improvement mindset, pro-active, and comfortable taking ownership;
- A solid team player, coach mentality vis-à-vis the outsourced Back-Office;
- Able to solve problems independently, displaying leadership, sound judgment and understanding when to seek advice;
- First-rate communication skills;
- Business-fluency in English is a requirement for this role.
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us, you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.