Amsterdam – Full-time
Reporting to the Senior Director, Treasury this position will play a key role in Northland’s global Treasury and Risk team and the Europe/Asia finance group. This position will focus on managing cash for the European and Asian entities and other Treasury related activities in Europe and Asia including trade finance, foreign exchange and supporting development, construction and operations.
Who we are:
Northland is a global power producer dedicated to helping the clean energy transition by producing electricity from clean renewable resources. Founded in 1987, Northland has a long history of developing, building, owning and operating clean and green power infrastructure assets and is a global leader in offshore wind. In addition, Northland owns and manages a diversified generation mix including onshore renewables, solar and efficient natural gas energy, as well as supplying energy through a regulated utility.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with global offices in eight countries, Northland owns or has an economic interest in 2.7 GW (net 2.3 GW) of operating generating capacity and a significant inventory of early to mid-stage development opportunities encompassing 4 to 5 GW of potential capacity.
- Primary day-to-day contact with corporate cash management banks for Europe and Asia. Responsibilities include:
- All bank account administration including account openings/closings, Know Your Customer requirements, maintenance of bank account signatories, and ensuring payment approvals adhere to internal policy requirements;
- Product implementation adhering to the company’s bank account management policies;
- Security administrator for online banking systems responsible for online access user creation, modification, and payment authorization;
- Responsible for being the interface point for internal partners (i.e., AP, Payroll, Tax and Legal) and bank relationships for escalation, investigation, and analysis;
- Managing relationships with multiple banks in Europe and Asia, and expanding our network as required to support growth needs;
- Assisting with Europe/Asia bank integration with the ERP (Workday); and
- Identifying ways to improve productivity and efficiency through technology and process improvements.
- Tracking and reporting cash inflows/outflows and associated account balances. Preparing weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash flow forecasts by country and currency to support the consolidated cash position.
- Assisting with recommendations regarding borrowings and/or investments.
- Supporting debt capital markets analyses and issuances.
- Monitoring corporate foreign exchange requirements related to European and Asian business units and provide currency hedging strategies to optimize and manage risk
- Managing the issuance of corporate letters of credit, guarantees and surety bonds in Europe and Asia to support the company demands in relation to development and construction projects.
- Working closely with Corporate, European and Asian accounting, finance and IT groups to implement business transformation and process improvement initiatives.
- Assisting in the development of corporate policies and processes.
- Collaborating with internal business units including Development, M&A, Accounting, FP&A and Tax to support new development opportunities, acquisitions and ad-hoc projects for Europe and Asia.
- Providing support for European and Asian insurance.
- Supporting the Corporate Treasury team with other processes and functions, including ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as required.
Who you are:
- Independent: You are an independent and strategic thinker and naturally set your own timescales and milestones to ensure you meet your objectives.
- Methodical and organised: you naturally work in a methodical way and relish the opportunity to add structure and order to your work. Your methodical approach helps you solve problems easily
- Collaborative: You build relationships easily and enjoy working as a team to get things done
- Detail oriented: Your solid attention to detail and accuracy will ensure that your work is always of a high standard
- Flexible: You are agile in your approach to your work and can adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced business
- Pragmatic: You are hands on and love getting involved in the detail
- Strong Communicator: Able to communicate at a high level in English (both written and spoken)
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis on Business Administration/Accounting (MBA/CFA preferred).
- 5-7 years of experience in a Treasury environment with cash management, banking, foreign exchange, interest rate and trade finance experience.
- Strong experience with ERP essential (Workday preferred)
- Demonstrated global banking experience with knowledge in dealing with multi-national banks and currencies.