Hilversum – Full-time
We are looking for a Treasury professional with experience in Foreign Exchange (FX) markets to join the Capital Markets team. We are responsible for the global risk management of NIKE’s foreign exchange exposures, hedging and P&L forecasting related to FX. Successful Finance Managers are analytical thinkers that can communicate effectively with senior management while handling competing priorities in a quickly changing environment.
This role does important work within the EMEA geographical division to understand Nike’s business and its exposures to the FX market. The candidate needs to have strong analytical skills, be a self-starter and be able to work both independently as well as within a global team. The candidate needs to work cross functionally within Treasury as well as with key colleagues from Accounting and Business Planning.
What You Will Work On
On any given day you might be managing NIKE’s exposure forecast to key global currencies, preparing P&L forecasts related to FX risk, liaising with counterparts in business planning to ensure up-to-date forecast accuracy for the latest Corporate financial forecast, executing hedge transactions to mitigate FX risk for both the P&L and Balance Sheet, and converting currencies as required to meet current cash requirements. You will stay abreast of news & developments in the FX market and any related international, political or macro-economic events that may impact European currency valuations. Finally, you will drive strategy for hedging foreign exchange risk, while managing relationships with external relationship bank partners.
Who You Will Work With
You will be reporting to the Director, Treasury EMEA, with a dotted line into the Director, FX Strategy & Forecasting. You will partner cross-functionally with other members of the global FX and Capital Planning teams as well as Global Cash and Banking, Accounting colleagues both in Europe and WHQ, and the EMEA Business Planning team. Additionally, you will work closely with our external relationship banks where they can provide research and/or products to support our FX risk management objectives.
What You Bring
- Experience in Treasury, Banking and/or Corporate Finance; 5 or more years of experience at the Global Headquarters of a publicly traded multinational company or at a financial services company
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with a keen ability to communicate complex concepts to wide and diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to Senior Leadership
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to learn and leverage tools such as TM-1 (IBM Planning Analytics), SAP & Power BI
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and quickly changing environments
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities; strong organization skills