Gemert – Full-time
Protocol Labs is seeking an enthusiastic & dynamic Treasury Leader with a proven track record of stewarding and growing strong balance sheets and a passion & curiosity to learn about blockchains and cryptocurrencies. As an integral part of our Finance team, you will support all aspects of our corporate investment strategies and Treasury operations.
This is a high growth opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the success of Protocol Labs. You will be responsible for setting strategy around our strategic portfolio management and building our global treasury operations to enable future growth, all while appropriately managing risk. This individual will be a strategic partner to Protocol Labs’ executive leadership, responsible for setting up a strong foundation for Protocol Labs’ success over a long-term trajectory.
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is an open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, lip2p, and many more. We aim to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology.
We are a fully distributed company. Our team of more than 100 members works remotely and in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances in computing and related fields.
As a Treasury Leader at Protocol Labs you will…
- Own our strategic portfolio management (fiat & crypto), measure portfolio investment performance, & work closely w/ Corp Dev
- Optimize the capital structure of PL, including by
- Accessing credit and debt markets (including borrowing and lending)
- Credit facilities
- Term loans
- Manage risk and develop comprehensive protocols for a diverse set of risk scenarios including hedging and insurance
- Project and manage to liquidity requirements
- Build a strong foundation for treasury operations with a global footprint
- Deploy systems to improve our control frameworks improve efficiency through automation
- Own banking relationships & administration
- Own crypto custodian & trading relationships & administration
- Partner with the Product, Operations, and cross functional teams in support of the product roadmap and Ecosystem partnerships
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 10+ years of global Treasury experience at a high-growth tech start-up
- Proven track record managing a substantial balance sheet portfolio including the management of external investment managers, funds, custodian banks, and other vendors
- Previous impact driven by scaling processes, systems, and operations
- Desire and ability to apply first-principles thinking, working with and analyzing data to manage risk / reward trade-offs
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom
- Deep knowledge of trends, innovations, tools and best practices in global treasury & finance functions
- Passionate about blockchain & cryptocurrency’s ability to disrupt traditional finance
- Equally comfortable building a team as rolling up your sleeves
- Ability to project manage multiple large-scale, cross-functional projects
- Excellent teamwork & communication skills
- Investment banking experience
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Fluency in macroeconomics, financial markets, financial instruments and investment theory
- Strong technical/advanced financial modeling, computer/database & systems skills
- Direct professional experience with blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Experience working for an endowment
- Experience in data center or data storage industry
- SOX and / or SOC experience
- Corp tax experience
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- MBA and/or CFA
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.