Amsterdam – Internship
We’re looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial Treasury Intern who is ready to shine in a new, international team. The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager Amsterdam, you’ll be a key part of the team responsible for Mileway’s global liquidity, funding, investments, hedging and intercompany transactions. You’ll see how we interact with a wide range of internal and external business partners including financial institutions and Mileway’s investor on topics like financial planning and analysis, asset acquisitions and disposals, and bank and capital market transactions. At the end of the internship we would like the candidate to have gained knowledge about; a general understanding of the Corporate Treasury function, how cash flows move in and out of company on a daily basis, key treasury metrics used by management and basis reporting functions with outside lenders.
Working at Mileway
Mileway launched in September 2019, which puts you among the first people to work in our Treasury and Capital Markets team, and gives you enormous scope to shape the way we do things around here. We may be young, but with a portfolio stretching across Europe, an international, go-getting team, and growth plans that match our ambition, we have some big shoes to fill. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. Mileway is primed for explosive growth, and by joining us in our very first year of business, you can be there on the ground.
Like most people in Europe right now, you’ll be working from home until it’s considered safe to return to work. Following this, your home base will be our office in Amsterdam’s Zuidas, where there are fast public transport links across the city and beyond. We’ll equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you’ll work hard and also that you’ll need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
What you’ll do
- Support daily cash management operations, including payment processes. Maintain an overview of bank account structures and associated interaction with banks.Monitor account balances and execute recommended daily sweeps and other cash optimizations utilizing daily liquidity reports
- Provide support by the maintain of the monthly cash flow forecast to partner with internal stakeholders
- Provide support for cash, investments and risk management transactions (FX or interest rate swaps) settlements and documentation requirements
- Assist and support global projects including new system implementations and process enhancements
- Assist with ad-hoc queries about Treasury activities and special projects.
- Prepare excel spreadsheets with daily bank activity.
- Organize supporting documentation for internal files.
- Assist in projects and translate this into proper ‘business as usual’ processes.
- Assist in process optimizations initiatives
What you’ll bring
- You must be pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in the business-related field (e.g. Finance, Economics, or equivalent)
- You should be enrolled as a full-time student for the complete duration of the internship
- A dynamic, highly motivated, and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills; Knowledge of Excel
- Creative thinker with a strong willingness to bring added value
- Hands-on attitude – well organized – results focused.