Amsterdam – Full-time
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered and integrity is at the core of our business. Being the European market leader within the transportation industry and operating throughout many countries in Europe, means that we have many opportunities for your professional growth!
Finance interns will get involved in a wide range of areas and will be supervised by a sponsor. Please note that this is a generic description of the duties and competencies of the position you currently hold. Your individual job profile may differ from this generic description. Only the specific duties and competencies currently assigned to you by your manager or supervisor are binding.
Opportunities We Offer
Are you an undergraduate student seeking to gain immediate hands-on experience in a multinational business environment? Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can surpass yourself beyond your comfort zone, and develop into a successful young professional?
Working with TIP gives you many opportunities to develop your personal and professional skills. Be assured you will not face the challenge alone! Being a part of our dynamic business team means you will receive on-going support, feedback and training whilst identifying professional development opportunities. Join our internship program and enter a network that will enrich your experience beyond your internship!
TIP is looking for an intern in the Treasury & Investor Relations department. The intern will be primarily part of the Investor Relations team of 3 people based in Amsterdam and 1 remote resource in India and this team will act as a vital link between the company and its investors. He/she will also support the Treasury team when needed with managing day to day treasury activities.
This internship offers great exposure to the European aspects of the business functions and the related various international corporate finance matters. He/she will interact with almost all layers of the company. This internship will enhance analytical skills and (operational) business analytics, and will elevate practical corporate finance experience in a true international setting.
The main (training) objectives are to provide support and receive training in the following areas within the treasury department:
- Monthly performance reports, P&L, Cash flow, balance sheet with related commentary to internal stakeholders.
- IT tools to improve business analytics & reporting.
- Partner with functional leader & IR Manager on lease financing analysis.
- Data gathering and analysis for functional owners (e.g. Commercial, Pricing, Asset Management) and external stakeholders (debtors).
- Support TIP including all business lines Treasury & Investor Relations processes on a day-to-day basis.
- Support the TIP Treasury & Investor Relations team in terms of reporting, ad-hoc queries.
- Account reconciliations and monthly/quarterly reporting
- Validating compliance to technical requirements of uploaded contract data
- Maintaining changes to lease contracts in the Lease Accounting Software
- Ad-hoc assignments/projects.
- LEAN Simplification projects.
- Last year (second to last) University Economics or Economic Business Management and passed successfully Corporate Finance and Accounting course(s)
- Mathematical/accounting experience is preferred next to advanced excel skills
- Self-starter, proactive individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills with a strong attention to details
- MS Office practical experience
- Fluent in English written and spoken
TIP Trailer Services employs staff at more than 136 locations and at more than 72 maintenance facilities throughout 17 European countries. Our employment opportunities are diverse and available at a variety of locations.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory background check.