Treasury Analyst @ Northland Power Inc.
Amsterdam – Full-time
At Northland, we’re enablers of change, united by our journey to transform the energy sector into the foundation for a sustainable future.
Since our inception, we’ve been early movers in the energy industry, adopting new initiatives that pave the way for communities across the globe and helping forge their path towards a carbon-neutral landscape.
We’re a different kind of independent power producer. As developers, owners and operators who are at the forefront of the energy transition, we’re uniquely positioned to leave a lasting impact in the regions where we operate. We’ve expanded our business across Canada, the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia to become a global leader, all by bringing together industry experts to find solutions with an entrepreneurial mindset.
While our work powers communities across the globe, Northland is powered by our people.
What You’ll Do
At Northland, our Treasury team drives operational and strategic value. As a Treasury Analyst, you will play a meaningful role in enabling the activities of the Treasury department, including cash management, insurance, and other ad hoc projects. You will report to the Treasury Manager and support the Treasury and Finance teams by providing thoughtful and comprehensive analyses that span short-term cash flow forecasting to longer-term strategic decision making.
- Support cash-related processes for Europe and Asia to ensure there is sufficient cash and liquidity. Including: opening/closing bank accounts, online bank portal management; KYC and onboarding; compliance, payment authorization including escalation, investigation and analysis; fee calculations and record keeping; bank account management within ERP system; cash forecasting; assist with managing funding requirements for the various projects in multiple currencies, maximising interest income/minimising interest costs and bank charges and coordinating incoming distributions from the operating assets. You will act as an interface between internal groups, project teams and external banking partners.
- Support the Treasury and Finance teams (corporate and projects) with certain aspects of the financial reporting, forecasting, and accounting close process on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and with ad hoc Treasury related requests.
- Prepare letters of credit applications and amendments, extensions, and ad-hoc requirements as well as track and maintain a list of those issued and the current and forecast credit requirements for the various European and Asian projects and related fees.
- Maintaining the relationships with banks and internal departments (e.g. Legal, FP&A, Finance, Tax, Project Finance, Corporate Development etc.) and supporting on ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with developing and implementing internal treasury controls, policies, and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective treasury function.
- Participate in and support cross-functional projects and initiatives involving FP&A, Project Finance, and Corporate Finance.
Who You Are
- Methodical and organized: You work methodically and manage competing priorities.
- Collaborative with good communication skills in English (written and verbal): You build relationships easily and are comfortable working cross-functionally. You have a desire to be part of a team responsible for building a highly effective global treasury team.
- A creative problem solver: You use critical thinking to evaluate problems and are always looking for process improvement opportunities and automation wherever possible.
- Detail-oriented and analytical: You have good attention to detail and can analyse financial information.
- Proactive and adaptable: You are eager to learn and expand your skillset, comfortable adapting to changing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment and proactively follow up when needed to ensure outstanding information or actions are complete.
- Independent: You can work independently but know when to ask for help and are comfortable doing so.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Finance/Treasury role.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance/Business or related field. Additional Treasury-related qualifications are considered an asset.
- Familiarity with cash management, treasury operations and foreign exchange are an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required, including a comfort and proficiency in modeling.
- Working knowledge of online banking platforms, treasury systems and accounting systems is considered an asset.
This document is a guide. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the jobs as described herein are not inclusive and are subject to change.
Northland Power is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a fair, inclusive and accessible environment. As part of our commitment we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify a member of the HR Department.