Rijswijk – Full-time
We are currently looking to recruit a Fixed Income execution Trader to join the Treasury & Trading desk.
The Trader will be part of the multi asset class trading team and will primarily focus on trading Fixed Income instruments and related asset classes.
Where you fit in
Shell Asset Management Company B.V. (SAMCo) is the in-house asset manager of the Shell plc group. SAMCo provides global investment advice and asset management services to pension funds associated with Shell. With total assets under management of around USD 100 bln, these funds make up one of the world’s largest corporate pension schemes. SAMCo is located in The Hague area in The Netherlands.
SAMCo is supervised by the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM) and the Dutch Central Bank (DNB). The company is internationally oriented, with clients in various countries and 160 employees of different nationalities.
On behalf of its clients, SAMCo invests in Equities, Fixed income and Alternative investment categories (such as Private Equity, Real Estate and Hedge Funds) across the world. Continuous change in financial markets, as well as the diversity of SAMCo’s clients make SAMCo a challenging work environment.
SAMCo’s Treasury & Trading desk, consisting of 7 traders, responsible for the implementation of the portfolio managers investment decisions in multiple asset classes (eg; Equities, Foreign Exchange, Fixed Income).
For this vacancy we are looking for a dynamic and innovative candidate.
What’s the role?
Your prime responsibility will be to ensure that the investment decisions are implemented in an effective and efficient manner. This will involve active coordination and collaboration within the multi asset class trading team, external parties, and functional departments across SAMCo.
The job provides an excellent opportunity to obtain exposure and gain further competences on dealing and treasury related activities, business process redesign and systems. You will become part of a dedicated multi asset class trading team that is responsible for a broad range of activities.
- Execute on a daily basis the Fixed income/FX order instructions from the portfolio managers
- Perform pre-post trade analysis and reporting activities to continuously improve the quality of the execution process (including data/ counterparty analysis)
- Confirm and check trades for smooth internal processing
- Participate in the cross departmental implementation meetings
What We Need From You
- You will have a master’s degree in economics, or finance. A CFA or VBA qualification is a plus.
- Relevant trading experience (preferably in Fixed Income and FX instruments) and a solid understanding of financial markets, its instruments (e.g., Bonds/CDS/IRS) and trading platforms, is a pre-requisite
- Strong communication skills as you will be involved in cross-departmental activities.
- Strong analytical negotiating and problem-solving skills and ability to work accurately under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Analyse and anticipate on changing situations, defining problems and objectives, recognize alternatives and formulate solutions
- Maintain sound business relations with internal and external parties, a high standard of honesty and integrity
- Strong in Excel, Power BI and basic knowledge of Python
- Experience with Bloomberg trading systems and MTF’s (Tradeweb/Market Axess is a plus)
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.