Rotterdam – Full-time
LyondellBasell is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious professional to join our Treasury team based in either Houston, Texas or Rotterdam, Netherlands and reporting to the Assistant Treasurer of Financial Risk Management and Treasury Operations.
The Director, Global Treasury Operations, will be responsible for the strategic and operational direction of global treasury operations and supporting services, supervising regional treasury centers in the US, Europe, and Asia. They will manage a global organization with a staff of roughly 17 and will work to ensure that LYB has a world class banking operations set up utilizing the latest technological advancements. They will work with and support other Treasury leaders who focus on corporate finance, financial risk management and pension investments.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead global staff responsible for all treasury functions in 3 regional treasury centers, including
- Cash management, daily cash settlement and reporting
- Banking cash management and investing relationships
- Management of US and EU based In-House Banks and Payment Factories
- Providing financial advice on business initiatives
- Debt administration
- Coordinating / optimizing cash utilization globally
- Trade finance activity, including LC’s, bank guarantees and documentary collections
- Cash Forecasting
- Bank account maintenance
- All appropriate internal controls and policy compliance
- Along with the Assistant Treasurer, oversee management of short-term cash investment portfolio, including policies, procedures and execution. Required to recommend/oversee investment trading strategies and portfolio performance
- Oversee LYB’s commercial paper program and FX Trading execution
- Evaluate, recommend and implement treasury technologies as appropriate
- Lead global standardization of processes and optimization of cash and liquidity structure
- Position has primary fiduciary responsibility for the Company’s cash assets and may be required to act as fiduciary of the US pension trust assets
- Perform certain finance and corporate governance related activities, including serving as legal entity director/officer, evaluation and recommendations on optimal legal entity structures for efficient capital resource utilization and serving as Treasury support for Tax strategy and planning
- Scale of Assets Managed
- Cash Investment Portfolio $1.5-$4B
- FX hedging portfolio $0.5-$1B
- Debt service administration $14B+ portfolio
- Intercompany Lending portfolio $35B+
- 15 years complex treasury operations experience including cash management; global experience is a must
- Must have strong experience with SAP, or another sophisticated enterprise system and modern treasury management systems / technologies
- Experience evaluating + on-boarding new Treasury technologies and leading a cash management RFQ + implementation is a plus
- Ideally candidate will have extensive experience in a complex corporate structure including joint ventures and understands treasury (operations) considerations relating to legal entity restructuring
- Experience managing the treasury aspects of acquisitions and divestitures
- Knowledgeable of SOx requirements and ensuring compliance with SOx controls
- Executive presence, communication skills, commercial acumen, and negotiating experience – ability to converse with senior management and external partners
- English required; any other languages (particularly Dutch, German, Italian, French or Spanish) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related degree
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent degree is a big plus
Licenses & Certifications
- CFA, CPA or CTP is a plus.
- Instills Trust and Exemplifies Integrity : Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity. Promoting diversity in work teams and serving as a role model for proper behaviors.
- Demonstrates Courage : Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said, acting with integrity, doing what is right.
- Ensures Accountability : Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results : Consistently achieving results and seeking opportunities for improvement, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates : Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, within and across functions.
- Cultivates Innovation : Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Uses lateral thinking. Questions the status quo.
- Customer Focus : Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Focuses on internal and external customers.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Please feel free to connect with Ton Brands, Corporate recruiter ton.brands @ lyondellbasell.com for more details. Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume via the application button.