Amsterdam – Full-time
As Senior-manager Statutory and Special Accounting (S&SA) and Treasury Control (TC) you work on the creation of consolidated financial figures of Domestic Appliances (DA) and the company financial statements of DA Holding (the top holding of DA) and its sub-holdings.
You combine a very strong technical (IFRS) accounting skillset, with a thorough understanding of processes and reporting systems. You will analyze financial figures, coordinate reporting processes, own treasury control activities and start / ensure corrective actions are taken in order to maintain the integrity and IFRS compliance of financial data.
You will work with various stakeholders across the globe ranging from Accounting Operations, and Group Functions (Group Tax, Group Treasury and Group Legal). Teamwork will be intense, our processes are smart and efficient and our output is instantly used throughout the finance function.
You are responsible for:
- Monthly and yearly financial reporting and analytical review, focused on treasury control and risk management reporting.
- Together with the team you make sure that the annual report of DA is IFRS compliant and accounting decisions are properly documented.
- Prepare presentations for the Group Chief Accountant and the Review Committee Finance (committee in which CFO, Group Accounting and Internal Control are signing off on the annual figures) on IFRS compliance.
- Work on improvement initiatives, enabling more efficiency and transparency in our closing processes, with a focus on Treasury Control
- Serve as bridgehead between the S&SA team in Amsterdam and the Infosys team in Chennai (India) which supports the month-end closing process of the treasury organization.
- Coordinate the updates of the DA accounting manual in the area of Treasury Control (hedging policies and risk management policies).
- Perform process improvements projects, coming along during the year (participation in IT-projects).
You are part of:
Within DA, accounting is the responsibility of the Group Controller. The Group Controller manages two teams: the Group Accounting and Consolidation team and the Accounting Operations team. You will be part of the Group Accounting and Consolidation team and report to the Director TA&O and S&SA. We take part in review meetings, analysis meetings and project teams. As such, we are part of all significant events happening throughout DA.
The Group Accounting and Consolidation team is based in Amsterdam and has a size of 11 persons of various nationalities. The team members have high education (in general master+). We will give a warm welcome to newcomers and give a boost to your knowledge and insights.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- A Master degree in Finance (preferably accounting or business economics) with a proven record of accomplishment in treasury accounting and treasury control (e.g. Big4 experience or corporate accounting department).
- Strong knowledge of IFRS (especially the accounting for financial instruments under IFRS).
- 8 to 12 years of relevant experience in an international business environment.
- Strong sense for cultural differences and how to bridge them.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, work accurately and with a structured approach.
- Experience with SAP/r3 and a skill set in data analysis.
- Fluent in English.
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment – those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.