Amsterdam – Full-time
As an Associate Director, you will be part of the European Treasury team. In this position, you will be responsible for all areas of treasury operation of Teva affiliates domiciled in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. You will develop broad relationship with necessary stakeholders in each country from all relevant business segments (Commercial / TAPI / TGO / R&D) as well as FSSC in Zagreb.
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Associate Director must have excellent knowledge in treasury operations, banking relations, financing, and ERP systems. You must also demonstrate strong proven business partnership skills and business acumen. The ability to create solid relationships across many areas of the business and finance (local, regional and global) are also required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing and analyzing the daily treasury operations activity for the assigned Countries.
- Manage banking relationship of club banks in each country.
- Supports treasury and cash management operations and helps develop strategies to maximize efficiencies, safeguard assets and minimize costs
- Provide support to CFO´s in all business related topics where Treasury is involved.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all relevant Treasury Policies and guidelines.
- Supports existing Working Capital programs and new initiatives.
- Member of the Local Country Credit Committee interacting with GM + CFO + Credit Department and Commercial.
- Supervision and analysis of Cash Forecasting Process. Conducts research into variances, determines and reports detailed variance analysis.
- Ongoing interaction with FSSC Leads and Team Supervisors (AR/GL & AP)
- Manage approved operational target cash balance for each unit, transfers excess cash and requests funding to/from the In-House Bank of Teva.
- Take lead on issuance of 3rd party guarantees when needed.
- Monitors and reports financial to support mitigation plans
- Coordinate with Regional Treasury FX exposure in case of Foreign Currency Payments
- Trends Analysis & KPIs monitoring (DSO + DPO)
- Ensure timely answers to other departments and stakeholders
- Treasury Governance for Dutch bond companies
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Business/Economics, Finance, Accounting as a minimum.
- 5+ years of Treasury experience in in a public company or Banking institution is required
- Experience in a treasury or finance role of a pharmaceutical company with significant European presence is strongly preferred, especially in large companies (over $5B in revenues)
- CTP/ACT certification desirable.
- Solid understanding of Treasury best practices
- Experience working in complex, multi-national and multi-cultural environments
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of financial analysis and statistics
- Detail Oriented
- Managerial skills
- Experience with ERP, specifically SAP and Oracle.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Proficiency in Treasury systems, and specifically Quantum, would be an advantage
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, are essential
- High degree of personal integrity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Able to handle pressure/deadlines
- Fluent in Elnglish, additional languages would be an advantage